Born from London’s successful 2012 Olympic bid, VERO Communications is a specialist consultancy providing strategic brand and communications counsel in the business of sport. VERO works for a broad range of clients, advising them on brand positioning, strategic communications, marketing, sponsorship and media relations.
Most recently, VERO was lead strategic communications agency for the city of Rio in its successful bid to host the 2016 Olympic Games and for the International Rugby Board in its successful campaign for the inclusion of Rugby Sevens’ into the Games.
VERO is seeking a high calibre intern to support our team of consultants. The successful candidate will be a creative, bright and dynamic individual with a keen interest in sport and communications. The role, based in our central London office, will be varied and challenging and will encompass all aspects of VERO’s business .
The successful candidate will be offered a three month (with potential to extend to six months internship) and an opportunity to develop your professional skills in a dynamic environment.
Salary: Reasonable expenses will be paid
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter to:
Job Description: Intern
The successful candidate will support VERO’s team in all aspects of our business. They will have strong writing and research skills, be IT literate, full of ideas and willing to contribute to every aspect of this exciting and rapidly growing business.
Responsibilities will include:
• Background research and briefings to support the creation and implementation of client projects
• Media monitoring and producing daily / weekly coverage reports as needed
• Manage and update VERO’s media and sports stakeholder databases
• Manage VERO’s subscriptions to trade/news publications
• Manage the content of VERO’s website
• Support preparation of presentations for VERO consultants at speaking engagements, client meetings and pitches
• Assist in general office administration and support the Office Manager in smooth running of business
Skills, Knowledge and Experience – based Characteristics
• Recent Graduate or someone with 6-18 months PR / communications experience
• Agency experience preferred but not required
• Strong research and synthesis skills
• Keen interest in sport and media / communications
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Ambitious and confident
• Creative, energetic, hardworking and committed
• Deadline driven
• Personable and articulate
• Punctual and well presented