Mike Lee OBE, Founder (1957-2018)
- Mike Lee OBE founded VERO in 2006 and was its Chairman until his untimely passing in September 2018.
- Mike had an extraordinary record of success throughout his VERO career. He passionately believed in the power of narrative and campaign style communications and was involved in many ground-breaking and successful bid campaigns, including Paris 2024 Summer Games, Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games, PyeongChang 2018 Winter Games, Rio 2016 Summer Games, and the inclusion of Rugby and Surfing in the Olympic Programme.
- He also advised Gianni Infantino in his campaign for President of FIFA, Lord Coe in his campaign for IAAF President, Andrew Parsons in his campaign for IPC President and Brian Cookson in his campaign for President of the International Cycling Union (UCI).
- Prior to VERO, he was Director of Communications and Public Affairs for London’s successful 2012 Olympic bid. He was Director of Communications and Public Affairs for European football’s governing body, UEFA, 2000-2004 and media and political strategist for the English Premier League 1994-2000.
- Mike was voted PR Week’s PR Professional of the Year in 2005 and awarded an OBE in that year’s New Year’s Honours list. In 2006, he published his book The Race for the 2012 Olympics.