Mike Lee OBE, Chairman
- Mike Lee OBE is Chairman of VERO, a strategic communications company he launched in 2006, following his role as Director of Communications and Public Affairs for London’s successful 2012 Olympic bid. He was Director of Communications and Public Affairs for European football’s governing body, UEFA, 2000-2004 and media and political strategist for the English Premier League 1994-2000.
- Mike has been involved in a number of successful bid campaigns, including Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games, PyeongChang 2018 Winter Games, Rio 2016 Summer Games, the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup and the inclusion of Rugby in the Olympic Programme.
- He also advised Brian Cookson in his campaign for the Presidency of the International Cycling Union (UCI) and Lord Sebastian Coe in his campaign for the Presidency of the IAAF and Gianni Infantino in his campaign for President of FIFA.
- Mike also worked with the city of Belo Horizonte in the promotion of the city as a host for the Confederations Cup in 2013 and the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Current clients include Rio 2016, World Rugby, the UCI, UEFA, the International Surfing Association and the Paris 2024 Bid Committee.
- Mike was voted PR Week’s PR Professional of the Year in 2005 and awarded an OBE in that year’s New Year’s Honours list. He is a member of the Advisory Board of Beyond Sport, a Fellow of the RSA and in 2006 published his book The Race for the 2012 Olympics.