Clair Ashley, Director
- Clair is a sports and media specialist with twenty years experience developing and implementing communication campaigns for high profile brands.
- At VERO, she is responsible for a range of accounts including strategic counsel and campaign management for World Rugby. She provides on-going support and assists in the development of World Rugby’s overall brand narrative and messaging. This includes supporting World Rugby’s communications activity around Rugby World Cup 2015 and Rio 2016, issues management and media training.
- Clair also leads the team responsible for increasing international awareness of the International Centre for Sport Security (ICSS) and positioning it as a leading organisation in the field of sport safety, security and integrity
- This includes engaging international and sport business media and advising on the organisation’s presence at major international conferences, as well as devising the communications strategy and managing media operations for ICSS-hosted events and conferences around the world.
- Clair has worked on a number of major sport, media and leisure brands including, Metro, Disneyland Paris, the Royal Opera House and Talk magazine.
- Prior to VERO, Clair worked at Braben, heading the team responsible for Setanta’s consumer PR. She led the press office, delivering campaigns and media events for a wide range of sports, including Premier League, FA Cup and England World Cup qualifying fixtures, IPL cricket, UFC and world-class boxing.