John Zerafa, Director
- John joined VERO in 2006 from the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games where he was Head of Government Relations; he held the same position at the London 2012 Olympic bid where he coordinated all high-level, cross party political communications for the bid. This included supporting and briefing senior politicians [including the Prime Minister and Mayor] and their officials to support the bid’s IOC lobbying activities and media relations strategy.
- John has extensive political and campaign consultancy experience. He began his career as a researcher and speech writer for the Rt Hon Sir Edward Heath MP, former British Prime Minister. He then spent the next decade working in political communications, first for a leading lobbying company and then ‘in house’ for broadcaster ITV Digital and Sport England.
- Since joining VERO, John has advised a number of high profile clients including Qatar 2022 in its successful bid to host the FIFA World Cup, where he advised on global media communications strategy, narrative development, speech writing, media handling and media training. John also advised Gianni Infantino, Seb Coe and Brian Cookson in their successful elections as FIFA, IAAF and UCI Presidents, in particular on global media relations.
- John was a lead adviser for UK Sport on numerous successful major event bids including the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships 2015 and World Badminton Championships 2017.
- John’s current clients include the UCI, World Sailing President Carlo Croce, the ECB and Paris 2024.